All News Items
- Former Olympic cyclist barely loses congressional election
Marty Nothstein lost by just 0.26 percent – but even if he won the election, he only would have served for eight weeks..
- Cyclist Cardoso banned 4 years for doping before 2017 Tour
AIGLE, Switzerland (AP) -- The International Cycling Union says it imposed a four-year ban on Portuguese rider Andre Cardoso for doping with EPO ahead of the 2017 Tour de France..
- Would You Run in a Naked 5K!?
On your mark, get set, strip down naked!? The Doctors discuss the new trend of naked runs and bike races. Would you get naked before breaking running and cycling with a large group of people?.
- Froome to start 2019 season in Colombia
Bogota (AFP) - Four-time Tour de France champion Chris Froome will kick off his 2019 campaign by riding in the Tour Colombia for the first time in February, the Briton announced on Wednesday..
- Pro riders union upset by doping control during cycling gala
The professional cyclists' union is urging anti-doping authorities to treat athletes in a more respectful manner after a Belgian rider was forced to leave a cycling gala to follow anti-doping inspectors for an out-of-competition test. Pieter Serry, who rides for the Quick Step team, missed the Gala.
- Fancy Bear hacking fallout nearly killed my wife: Wiggins
The fallout and rumours after British cycling great Bradley Wiggins medical records were revealed by the Russia-based Fancy Bears computer hacking group came close to killing his wife, he told The Guardian. Wiggins says he would have preferred to be tried for murder than the trial by media he underwent.
- Cycling: Sky face dilemma keeping Froome and Thomas happy - Kelly
Froome will have his sights set on a record-equaling fifth Tour de France victory next July having had his domination ended by team mate and fellow Britain Thomas this year. Thomas burst out of Froome's shadow to claim a superb first Grand Tour title and the 32-year-old Welshman is unlikely to be.
- Cycling: UCI chief condemns Wiggins for labeling drug cheat Armstrong an 'icon'
David Lappartient, who was elected head of the UCI in September last year, was responding to the fact that five-time Olympic gold medalist Wiggins has included Armstrong in a book about the most influential figures in his life. Wiggins said at the Rouleur Classic in London this week that he still speaks.
- Giro route revealed, Froome calls course 'brutal'
Giro d'Italia champion Chris Froome says he is still undecided about riding in next year's edition but says 102nd route looks explosive.
- Froome tempted but uncertain of Giro d'Italia title defence
Defending champion Chris Froome said Wednesday he was still uncertain whether he will defend his Giro d'Italia title despite being tempted by the "explosive and interesting" nature of the 102nd edition of the race which was unveiled in Milan. Froome, 33, became the first British rider.
- Armstrong in Costa Rica for gruelling mountain bike race
San José (AFP) - Disgraced cycling great Lance Armstrong said on Wednesday he was looking forward to competing in a mountain bike race in Costa Rica. The 47-year-old is serving a lifetime ban from all sports that follow the World Anti-doping Agency's (WADA) code after he was found to have doped.
- Froome coy about Giro defense as 2019 route revealed
Chris Froome could have another attempt at winning both the Giro d'Italia and the Tour de France as the British rider has not ruled out the possibility of defending the title he secured in Rome this year. Froome was present at a televised ceremony in Milan on Wednesday as organizers unveiled the.
Cycling feed courtesy of Yahoo Sports
- Daniel Ricciardo: My 2014 changed the level of F1 overtaking
Daniel Ricciardo believes his aggressive moves during his debut season with Red Bull in 2014 "changed the level of overtaking" in Formula 1.
- Mercedes F1 team to 'go for broke' now 2018 titles are secured
Mercedes Formula 1 team boss Toto Wolff has pledged the manufacturer will "really go for broke" in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix now both titles have been secured.
- F2 racer Louis Deletraz: I'm a serious Haas F1 team future option
Louis Deletraz says Haas 'sees his potential' after handing him his first test in a current Formula 1 car at the Pirelli tyre test in Abu Dhabi.
- Ferrari says it must be ready for 'brave' 2019 Charles Leclerc move
Ferrari must be "ready" to manage its "brave" decision to promote Charles Leclerc to a race seat next season, according to the Formula 1 team's leading engineer Jock Clear.
- Carlos Ghosn, architect of Renault Formula 1 return, to be sacked
Nissan and Renault chairman Carlos Ghosn, a key supporter of Renault's Formula 1 programme, is set to be sacked amid allegations of financial impropriety.
- Haas F1 team: First real year of development in 2018 paid off
The Haas Formula 1 team believes it has reaped the benefits from its first real year of car development.
- Charles Leclerc: Sauber's late-2018 F1 gains aren't due to upgrades
Charles Leclerc claims Sauber's impressive progress in the final part of the Formula 1 season is due to set-up work, not upgrades, because it stopped developing its 2018 car early.
- Macau Grand Prix win puts Dan Ticktum on verge of F1 superlicence
Dan Ticktum's dominant victory in Formula 3's Macau Grand Prix has finally put him on the verge of the superlicence required to race in Formula 1, the FIA has confirmed.
- Formula 1 teams wary of overtaking impact of 2019 rule changes
Leading Formula 1 personnel have warned that rule changes designed to improve overtaking next season may be limited in their impact.
- Williams needs to attack 'all areas' to find F1 gains - Rob Smedley
Williams needs to make changes in all areas of its organisation if it is going to recover from its disappointing 2018 Formula 1 campaign, says departing engineering chief Rob Smedley..
- Wolff: Verstappen will be an F1 champion when 'raw edges are off'
Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff believes Max Verstappen will be a Formula 1 world champion once the "raw edges are off".
- Romain Grosjean: Pietro Fittipaldi can help Haas F1 sim weakness
Signing Pietro Fittipaldi will help the Haas Formula 1 team address a weakness with its simulator use, reckons the team's race driver Romain Grosjean..
Formula One feed courtesy of Autosport.com