All News Items
- Froome in full training, gunning for fifth Tour de France
A defiant Chris Froome insisted he is out of rehab and back in full training, focused on being in prime shape and at the starting line for the 2020 Tour de France in July. The four-time Tour de France winner is in Gran Canaria for his first official training camp since he fractured a thigh, elbow and.
- Dakar Stage 11 Highlights: Sainz, Brabec on-track to win with 1 stage remaining
Carlos Sainz leads Stephane Peterhansel by 10 minutes, while Ricky Brabec holds a 13-minute advantage over Pablo Quintanilla..
- Dakar Stage 10 Highlights: Sainz extends lead; Alonso rolls twice but continues on
Although Fernando Alonso was not injured following a double rollover 2 km into the stage, he lost a significant amount of time when he and co-driver Marc Coma removed the front windscreen..
- Julian Alaphilippe: I am pleased I made people happy – but it may be impossible to repeat last year's results
Just how does a rider improve on a near-perfect season? “It is not possible,” says Julian Alaphilippe. They may not have been the words Patrick Lefevere, his general manager at Deceuninck-Quick Step, will have wanted to hear but there is a refreshing honesty to Alaphilippe. “I will do my best to have.
- Dakar 2020, Stage 10: Barreda tops shortened day
Honda rider Joan Barreda led Ricky Brabec in Stage 10 of the Dakar Rally, which was shortened due to weather conditions..
- Dakar Stage 9 Highlights: Sainz’s lead down to 24 seconds over Al-Attiyah
Stephane Peterhansel collected his third stage victory as Al-Attiyah now sits well within striking distance of Sainz..
- Remco Evenepoel sets sights on Giro d'Italia, Olympics and worlds – and promises to keep on attacking
Just three years ago Remco Evenepoel was on the books at Belgian football club Anderlecht and had already played four times for the national under-15s. Today he is one of the brightest and most exciting talents in world cycling. "A phenomena," is how Alex Dowsett described the 19-year-old at.
- Dakar Stage 8 Highlights: Serradori wins, Alonso second
Monday’s stage of the Dakar Rally amateur driver Mathieu Serradori collect his first career victory, while fan-favorite Fernando Alonso finished second..
- Dakar Stage 7 Highlights: Sainz extends overall lead, racers mourn death of one of their own
Stage 7 was marred by the tragic death of motorbike rider Paulo Gonçalves, who fell and suffered cardiac arrest roughly halfway through the stage..
- Dakar Rally in mourning as Portuguese rider Goncalves dies in crash
Wadi ad-Dawasir (Saudi Arabia) (AFP) - Portuguese motorbike rider Paulo Goncalves has died after a crash in the Dakar Rally on Sunday, the 40-year-old becoming the gruelling motorsport marathon's 25th fatality. Goncalves suffered the fatal accident after 276 kilometres of the seventh stage from.
- Dakar 2020, Stage 7: Barreda scores first victory
Honda rider Joan Barreda picked up his first stage win of the 2020 Dakar Rally as action resumed after the rest day on Sunday, while Ricky Brabec maintained a comfortable lead..
- Dakar Stage 6 Highlights: Sainz, Brabec extend leads
Carlos Sainz and Ricky Brabec both extended their overall leads as the rally heads into a rest day..
Cycling feed courtesy of Yahoo Sports
- F1 shouldn't moan about calendar expanding up to 25 races - Todt
FIA president Jean Todt says Formula 1 personnel should not complain about the stresses of an expanding calendar and instead acknowledge they are fortunate to be involved in the championship.
- Why F1's French GP at Paul Ricard is excellent value for money
Formula 1 races into Paul Ricard this June for what is sure to be an action-packed French Grand Prix weekend - and one that needn't break the bank.
- Renault can't use F1 2021 ambitions as excuse for poor 2020 season
Renault says its high ambitions for the 2021 Formula 1 season must not be used as an excuse if the team has a poor campaign this year.
- New Saudi Arabia circuit in Qiddiya could host F1 race from 2023
Saudi Arabia's new race track in Qiddiya will be ready to host Formula 1 from 2023, according to the circuit's bosses at an event on Friday.
- Richards: F1 shot itself in foot with foolish hybrid rows
Motorsport UK chairman David Richards has criticised the "foolish" in-fighting that overshadowed the ground-breaking thermal efficiency rating of Formula 1's new turbo engines in 2014.
- F1 champion Mercedes' 2020 car to make track debut on February 14
Mercedes has set a date for the track debut of its 2020 Formula 1 car, which will take place in a shakedown run at Silverstone.
- Ferrari signs Leclerc's brother to its F1 junior programme
Ferrari has signed Charles Leclerc's brother Arthur to its Formula 1 junior programme, and the 18-year-old will join Prema Powerteam in the Formula Regional European Championship.
- Verstappen: Red Bull wants to go back to dominating F1
Max Verstappen says his Red Bull team wants to go back to "dominating" Formula 1, and believes its staff has retained a "winners' mentality".
- Ferrari's female driver push not a "marketing plan" - W Series CEO
W Series CEO Catherine Bond Muir has defended the Ferrari Formula 1 team announcing an intention to promote a female driver and that it is not "just a marketing plan".
- First images of F1 Vietnam GP pits revealed after work completed
The Vietnam Grand Prix Corporation has released the first official images of the Hanoi circuit's new pit building as preparations continue for the country's first Formula 1 race in April.
- F1 commercial boss Bratches set to depart role
Autosport understands Liberty Media has finalised arrangements for the departure of Formula 1 commercial boss Sean Bratches, who is expected to step down as early as next week.
- Williams F1 team explains factors in Nissany test driver decision
The Williams Formula 1 team says Roy Nissany's attitude and strong work ethic were key factors behind its decision to make him its official test driver for 2020.
Formula One feed courtesy of Autosport.com