All News Items
- Lance Armstrong: 'I wouldn't change a thing'
After going down in flames as a liar and a cheat, the cyclist says he doesn't have any regrets in a yet-to-be-aired interview with NBC's Mike Tirico..
- Cataldo wins Giro stage as Roglic crashes on borrowed bike
Astana rider Dario Cataldo has won the 15th stage of the Giro d'Italia on a nightmare day for race favorite Primoz Roglic. Mattia Cattaneo was second with the same time, and Simon Yates was 11 seconds behind in third. Movistar rider Richard Carapaz of Ecuador increased his overall lead from seven.
- Dario Cataldo wins 15th stage of Giro d'Italia
Astana's Dario Cataldo won the 15th stage of the Giro d'Italia on Sunday outsprinting the other survivor of a long breakaway, fellow Italian, Mattia Cattaneo in Como. Richard Carapaz, the overall leader, finished 11 seconds behind with Simon Yates and Vincenzo Nibali, but Primoz Roglic, who.
- Cycling: Nibali uses terrain knowledge to unsettle Roglic
Italian Vincenzo Nibali took full advantage of his knowledge of the terrain to unsettle his main Giro d'Italia rival Primoz Roglic in the 15th stage on Sunday. On the roads of one of his favourite hunting grounds, the Tour of Lombardy, the double Giro champion attacked during a steep climb near.
- Carapaz targets Giro triumph after snatching pink jersey
Richard Carapaz vowed to fight all the way to win the Giro d'Italia on Saturday after shooting to the top of overall standings with an impressive solo summit finish victory to take stage 14 and the pink jersey. Movistar's Ecuadorian climber edged ahead of Primoz Roglic in the standings after.
- Cycling: Ecuador's Carapaz attacks to take lead in Giro
Ecuadorean Richard Carapaz launched a solo attack 28km from the end of a mountainous 14th stage to seize the leader's pink jersey from Jan Polanc in the Giro d'Italia on Saturday. The Movistar rider rode away over the summit of the Colle San Carlo and built his lead to the finish line. In the.
- Carapaz wins Stage 14 to take overall lead of Giro d'Italia
Richard Carapaz of Ecuador won the grueling 14th stage of the Giro d'Italia on Saturday to move into the overall lead. Carapaz, who rides for Movistar, attacked with just over 25 kilometers remaining of the 131-kilometer (81-mile) route from Saint-Vincent to Courmayeur in the Valle d'Aosta region.
- Carapaz grabs pink jersey with Giro stage 14 win
Movistar's Ecuadorian climber Richard Carapaz shot to the top of the Giro d'Italia overall standings on Saturday when he soloed to victory at the stage 14 summit finish. The 25-year-old edged ahead of Primoz Roglic in the standings after breaking from the chief contenders on the Giro's toughest.
- Zakarin wins 1st mountain-top finish of Giro; Polanc leads
Russian rider Ilnur Zakarin won the 13th stage of the Giro d'Italia with a solo attack up to the race's first big mountain-top finish, and Jan Polanc held onto the overall leader's pink jersey Friday..
- Zakarin wins Giro's first summit finish, bad day for Yates, Lopez
Ilnur Zakarin of Katusha soloed to a snow-capped summit finish victory on a chaotic 13th stage of the Giro d'Italia on Friday that shook up the overall picture. "I came to the Giro d'Italia to make the top five and I hope it's still possible," Zakarin said after spraying champagne.
- Cycling: Zakarin wins Giro stage 13 as Roglic, Nibali stay together
Russian Ilnur Zakarin powered to victory in the 13th stage of the Giro d'Italia, the first mountain test for the overall contenders, while favorites Primoz Roglic and Vincenzo Nibali finished together on Friday. A member of the day's breakaway, Katusha's Zakarin went solo in the final climb.
- Zakarin wins 1st mountain-top finish of Giro; Polanc leads
Russian rider Ilnur Zakarin won the 13th stage of the Giro d'Italia with a solo attack up to the race's first big mountain-top finish, and Jan Polanc held onto the overall leader's pink jersey Friday. Zakarin, who rides for Team Katusha Alpecin, required more than 5+ hours to complete the.
Cycling feed courtesy of Yahoo Sports
- Sergio Perez had "lucky" near-miss with marshals in Monaco GP
Sergio Perez says he was "very lucky" to avoid hitting two marshals during the Monaco Grand Prix when they ran in front of his Racing Point Formula 1 car.
- Hamilton "does not know" how he held off Verstappen for Monaco win
Formula 1 championship leader Lewis Hamilton says he does not know how he won the Monaco Grand Prix after getting to "38 laps to go with no tyres left".
- Monaco Grand Prix: Hamilton escapes contact with Verstappen to win
Lewis Hamilton survived late contact with Max Verstappen to win Formula 1's Monaco Grand Prix, as an incident in the pitlane with Valtteri Bottas ultimately cost Verstappen second place.
- New hope for Mexican Grand Prix to keep its Formula 1 calendar spot
Sergio Perez remains pessimistic about the future of his home Formula 1 race, but there are indications that the Mexican Grand Prix will be reprieved.
- Mercedes will keep Niki Lauda tribute star on its F1 car "forever"
Mercedes will keep the red three-pointed star on its Formula 1 car's engine cover and facsimile Niki Lauda autograph on the nose permanently.
- Renault now has "real" F1 qualifying mode - Daniel Ricciardo
Daniel Ricciardo says Renault finally has a "real" qualifying mode in Formula 1 this year, now that its engine is back to full power.
- Lewis Hamilton: I'd only have one Formula 1 title without Niki Lauda
Lewis Hamilton believes he would only be a one-time Formula 1 world champion if not for Niki Lauda.
- Sergio Perez: Monaco GP looks like "great pain" for Racing Point
The Monaco Grand Prix will be "a great pain" for the Racing Point Formula 1 team without rain, says Sergio Perez.
- Ferrari explains error behind Leclerc Monaco qualifying elimination
Ferrari has admitted it made a mistake and took a risk that was "not worthwhile", after Charles Leclerc was a shock early elimination from Formula 1 qualifying in Monaco.
- Leclerc, Perez, Hulkenberg escape Monaco GP weight check penalties
Charles Leclerc, Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg have all escaped further action after missing weight checks during qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix.
- Gasly and Giovinazzi get Monaco Grand Prix grid drops for impeding
Red Bull Formula 1 driver Pierre Gasly has been penalised for impeding Romain Grosjean in the second segment of qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix.
- Hamilton: Mercedes doesn't take Ferrari's costly Monaco GP "risks"
Lewis Hamilton says Mercedes does not "take many risks" like the one that knocked Ferrari's Charles Leclerc out of the first part of qualifying for Formula 1's Monaco Grand Prix.
Formula One feed courtesy of Autosport.com